Name of the Event : Dr. Kiran Bedi’s Session
Date of the Event : 2nd September 2019
Timing of the Event: 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
Venue: John Hall
Guests: Mr. Amit Khatri (DC Gurugram) & Munish Sharma, Additional Commissioner MCG.
Speaker: Dr. Kiran Bedi
Objectives : Sensitize Government Officials
Highlights: Powerful session delivered by Dr. Kiran Bedi, Lt. Governor of Puducherry and the founder of Navjyoti India Foundation (as part of Connect The Drops for Govt. Officers) in support of GuruJal’s Water Conservation & Awareness Campaign, emphasizing how taking interest in water-related issues, working with limited resources, valuing water, replenishing Water Table, & treating it as public property & not private property will go a long way.
1. Role of Government Officers
2. Benefits of regular field visits.
3. Integration of community (especially women) through periodic meetings.
4. Importance of general & specific WhatsApp groups to share quality messages.
5. Improving efficiency by following a schedule & conducting review meetings.
6. Importance of networking with NGOs.
7. How Puducherry was made WaterRich & the ideas that Gurugram can incorporate.